Overview of Coatings
Xylan and Dupont
Xylan and Dupont coatings have a broad range of properties which make them ideal for an infinite variety of applications.
They differ from traditional fluoropolymer coatings in one very important aspect: they are composite materials. Lubricants with the lowest-known coefficient of friction are combined with the newest high temperature-resistant organic polymers. Together, they form “plastic alloys” with unique properties:
- Low coefficient of friction: as low as 0.02.
- Superb wear resistance: even under extreme pressure.
- Outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance: in most environments.
- Wide operating-temperature range: from -195°C to +285°C (-385°F to +545°F).
- Wide colour range: to colour-code products.