Fluorocarbon Surface Technologies strive to sustain and continuously improve our environmental performance.
We strive to minimize any potential impact on employees, customers, the general public and the natural environment by complying with all relevant legislation.
To implements these targets we focus on:
- Environmental awareness: Permanently monitoring production to minimise energy consumption and risks, identifying potential areas for improvement.
- Protection and preservation: Reducing to the minimum level the pollution, emissions and chemical impact for the environment.
- Collaboration: We expect same standards from our suppliers and contractors.
- Motivation: Involve and encourage our employees to participate and be conscious of the importance of environmental matters.
- Improvements: Periodically reviews having consultations and board meetings based on the company performances improving and sustain the environmental.
The following notes have been established to support our environmental policy.
We control our materials usage and processing techniques to create the minimum of wastage by recycling wherever practical
- We save and send fluoropolymer waste material for recycling
- All packaging materials received into the company are reused wherever possible
- Waste that cannot be reused is recycled where the facilities are available
- Current recycling initiatives include PTFE, metals, wood, and cardboard which are all collected for recycling by outside contractors to minimize impact on landfill
- All other waste including solvents, oils, strip lights and batteries are disposed of through recognised contractors in line with current legislation
- All office paper waste and aluminum drink cans are collected for recycling
The Company follows a policy of minimising its energy consumption. This is achieved by:
- Regular maintenance and replacement of ovens, heating equipment etc
- Switching off heating when not required and keeping temperatures at appropriate levels
- Energy efficient lighting is being fitted to most factory areas and new capital equipment is selected for its energy efficiency
We minimise our water consumption by using techniques such as employing re-circulating water for process cooling wherever possible.
Emissions To Air
Emissions released by our various production processes are regulated by the appropriate local authority and are subject to UK & EU legislation.
In order to comply the Company follows the best possible design recommendations for the height and design of chimneys and exhaust ducts and has invested in zero emission degreasing plant and equipment.